Here are a few definitions of the term “damaged goods” according to the Urban Dictionary
- When a guy or a girl had already been married and had children and now he/she is divorced and looking for another partner.
- This is when you date someone (usually a girl) who has just recently been dumped by a guy. Usually when the guy dates the girl and then dumps her after a few days because he realizes she has appearance problems which he didn’t notice before.
- Girl who has had her hymen broken. A non-virgin. Woman who has had carnal knowledge.
Chilling with my boy buddies, I have heard them a lot of times talking about girls that have been labelled un-Dateable and consequently labelled “damaged goods”. Women who are usually labelled damaged goods range from those that have had kids in teenage hood to those who have slept with older men.
It is quite surprising and irritating to note that a girl who has had her hymen broken becomes the damaged yet the damaging penis seems to remain king. I’m not here to reinstate fallen females but rather to give men the shocking truth that actually men can be damaged goods too. Women do sit down and actually rate some guys undateble.
Here is a list of guys that women consider to be damaged goods:
- The guy who leaves his wife and kids. Women would much rather date a married man but when he finally leaves his wife and family so he can date you without cheating, he becomes DAMAGED GOODS. You start to get nervous about dating someone who could easily leave his family because you realise his loyalty runs very thin.
- The guy who was once gay or bisexual. I think that one is self explanatory. There’s only so much you can do to keep the fire burning but that doesn’t include getting another penis attached next to your vagina to keep him truly happy.
- An ex convict. Forget the fact that he may have repented, the fact that you will always try to explain where he’s been for the last years makes ex cons unattractive to date. Imagine saying ‘’ oh he used to kill people for fun but now he’s ok” Really??
- His ex partner died of HIV. It doesn’t matter that he himself may be negative, if he lost his partner to HIV/AIDS or AIDS-like symptoms in the last ten years then we won’t date him. Unless we are ready to stand up for him.
- He has already dated in our circle. Everyone knows that a friend’s man will always be a friend’s man even though they separated in 19-oh-long.
- He used to hit his ex girl. In 2012 you can never date a man with a history of domestic violence even if he’s now a “Brother for Life”. You can’t take chances.
- He sleeps with a prostitute. It’s ok if he has slept with a hundred other women whose sexual pasts you don’t even know as long as none of those women was a prostitute. Yes it only takes one prostitute to render him DAMAGED.
- He has got more than one baby mama. Look you’ve got too much drama in your life already and dealing with crazy ass baby mamas is not one of them. Besides hasn’t he heard of the term “Condom”?
- He was once committed to a mental institution. It’s a tough world out there but eish truth is women will think twice if they hear that you once walked the streets naked.
So gentlemen this is just to open your eyes so that you realise that when you point at someone and call them “Damaged goods”, you might just want to notice the four fingers pointing right back at you!