- 1 packet of Royco Rich Oxtail Soup
- 1 ½ spoon of flour
- 2 trays of Oxtail meat
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 Cup of Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 cups of red wine
- ½ spoon of crushed Garlic
- 1 Bunch of Dhania, finely chopped
- 2 small cans of Butter Beans
- 1 spoon of Masala Curry powder
1. Boil the Oxtail meat in water until tender, sprinkle saltand pepper. It should go golden brown with a rich oxtail flavor streaming out. (roughly 2hrs-3hrs). When meat is tender, remove oxtails from the cooking liquid, place it on a plate or dish.
2. In a bowl, mix the oxtail soup, flour in one bowl, added the cooking liquid slowly, mix the contents together until smooth, than add the two cups of red wine.
3. In a different pot pour the olive oil over heated stove. Add the garlic, chopped onion, celery and dhania to the pan. Cook for a few minutes until onions are translucent. Then sprinkle the curry powder and add the oxtails back to the pan. Add the wine mixture over the meat and add the butter beans, stir and bring it to simmer. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 30 minutes
4. You can serve immediately, however I always make it ahead. At this point you can just put the Oxtail stew in the refrigerator (let come to room temp first), and let it chill overnight for the flavours to mature.
5. Before serving, reheat on low heat for half an hour for the flavors to meld. Serve with basmati rice.
6. Serves 4-6.
I serve the oxtail with the bone-in, though if you want you can easily remove the bones from the meat before serving.